- 250g of pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 kumara, peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces
- a small bit of chives, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 250g fusilli pasta (because it’s what we had in the pantry)
- an avocado, cut into good size slices
- a few fresh basil leaves, sliced super thin
- and a good bit of parmesan cheese
In the meantime, cook up the pasta. If you time it all right, the pasta and the veggies will be all about the same time. Throw everything together with a little more olive oil, salt and pepper and the avocado.
Serve up on a platter if you want to be fancy about it and top with the shredded basil and with a veggie peeler, shave some of the yummiest parmesan cheese on top of the whole thing.
I love recipes like these. So easy. All to taste. And a really good reason to use up leftover pasta if you have some, the random veggies in the fridge, and the heaps of basil sitting on the window sill. Not to mention, it makes great leftovers that I’ll be having for lunch today!