Right. Mind back in the right…. Leftovers.
- First, whisk an egg (or two depending on how many you want to make) in a bowl.
- In a shallow dish, pour some panko breadcrumbs and a little salt and pepper. You can use some dried herbs as well, depending on the taste of you risotto. Chives, parsley, tarragon maybe..
- Take the cold leftovers, make them into balls using a tablespoon. They need to be pressed and squashed quite firmly so they don’t fall apart.
- Dip in the egg, then coat in the crumb mixture.
- Heat up the oil in a small fry pan, and cook these up a few minutes on each side until they brown up nicely and heat through.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve when they’ve cooled enough to eat without burning your mouth.