Just a quick disclaimer – this post contains affiliate links.
I love easy dinners. One pot. Comfort food. Especially after a tough day wrangling those two-year-old monkeys!
A few weeks back, this book sparked my interest for just that reason. I look recipes like these. And many of them you can always replace ingredients you may not have, for ones that you do. Like the recipe this was based from – Salami and Mushroom Hash. Hmmm, not salami. Chorizo it is! And hey, double it!
Anywho. This book, One Pot Wonders, along with others I’ll be sharing soon, have heaps of easy and really tasty recipes. Like Louisana Jambalaya, Lancashire Hotpot, and Greek Spring Chicken with Lemon Potatoes, all soon to be on my menu board. And some pretty good recipes for puddings. It’s quickly becoming my weekly go-to-cookbook.
So, where was I? Ah right. Meat and potatoes!
Keep reading for the recipe…
Chorizo & Mushroom Hash
This recipe is based on the recipe from One Pot Wonders by Lindsey Bareham.
- 1 bunch of Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 300g mushrooms, cut into bite sized chunks
- 10 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 450g Free Farmed (Happy Pig) Chorizo, cut into chunks
- salt and pepper
- juice of one lemon
- a few sprigs of parsley, chopped
- The potatoes should be peeled and cut into chunks. Boil the potatoes until they are just about finished. You want them to have a bit of resistance and not turn into a mushy mess. Once they are done, drain them in a colander. Or you can use leftover potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the potatoes and fry up until they are crispy around the edges.
- Next, add the spring onion and stir so they don’t burn.
- Add the Chorizo, and let that cook through. This may take a little time, but in that time, all of the spices seep into the potatoes making them super tasty. Also, if you are feeding little ones like us, use a milder chorizo. The flavour will still come through, but it won’t have the heat.
- Once the chorizo is about finished, put in the mushrooms, cooking them until they are juicy and almost black.
- Salt and pepper to taste, add the lemon and parsley, give it a toss and serve up!
Yield: Serves 2 adults and 2 toddlers
Tags: chorizo, one pot wonders, mushrooms, potato,