Those of you that know me, know that I completely love and adore River Cottage. It’s hard not to love it! It’s been a big inspiration on how I strive to live my life. A few months back, this book, of course, struck an interest. There are a lot of simple basic dishes that I had forgotten about in the search of healthy lunches and snack for our kids.
And since my apple obsession continues through the season, I’d like to share this special little gem!
We all love toasties. Toasted sandwiches. Grilled sandwiches. Open faced sandwiches. I feel like I’ve lived in so many different places, there are about 10 different names for them floating around in my head!
But today, they will remain TOASTIES! (even though they are open-faced!)
Apple & Cheese Toasties
Easy Peasy Toasties
- 1 apple, grated
- equal amount of hard cheddar cheese, grated
- a few slices of whole wheat, hearty bread
- Preheat your grill (or broiler) to around 200C.
- Combine the grated apple and cheese in a bowl and mix together.
- Spread the mixture on the bread, put the bread on a baking tray and pop under the grill for 5-10 until the cheese is nicely melted and starts to brown.
- Take out of the oven and cut into wedges after it’s cooled down a few moments.
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cook time: 10 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.
Tags: apple, cheese, toasties, bread